A Leading Company from the USA with Power Products
Our client is a global leader offering AC/DC power conversion solutions used by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
The design engineer will lead new development per the product specification or customer’s requirement, and modification based on existing design platform. Other responsibilities include support engineering manager or (Sr. engineer), work on engineering validation and documentation creation and manufacturing support. The position requires communication with the engineering manager, NPI manager cross function team (DVT, mechanical, documentation, Safety) and manufacture engineering etc.
- Specification review and comments to team and NPI product manager, prototyping and functionality /reliability
- Schematics study and make the schematics drawing using Pads, components study and selection, component selection, preliminary BOM extraction/creation from power logic schematics drawing
- Setup development schedule with team leader and NPI manager, BOM cost estimate.
- Work with PCB engineers, mechanical engineer to get the PCB layout and mechanical parts
- Transformer design / calculation, work with mechanical engineers to make the magnetics drawings
- Support proto operators to make the engineering samples, work with suppliers and magnetic vendors, to get the new parts /magnetics samples, drive
- EVT testing, EVT checklist creation and review with team leader and engineering manager.
- Support DVT samples build in the factory and DFM review with manufacturing engineering team,
- DVT checklist creation and review with team leader, engineering manager and engineering Support DVT testing and verification.
- Documentation creation and release, drive the ECN signoff process
- Support the engineering team in analysis and troubleshooting of various power circuits and
- Travel to manufacturing facility or customer sites in case engineering support is required for products pilot run, RMA
- Travel to customer in case sales/marketing need for new products introduction /orfailure analysis.
- Source, use and provide technical leadership for outside resources required to expedite and simplify new technologies and platforms .
- Perform other design engineering duties as
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of experience in switching power supply design, or 8+ years of power supply design/development experience without a Bachelor’s
- Knowledge of eCAD products such as Pads software to make schematics and review PCB
- Knowledge of magnetics design, assembly and integration in power conversion
- Familiarity with Labview is
- Successful record of bringing products to production – switching power supply (for lighting or medical application and 500W+ should helpful), as a
- Demonstrated ability to initiate design method improvement plans and drive
- Strong understanding of the techniques and design tools required to speed development and reduce design errors (for example, Mathcad).
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills (specifications, technical writing, theory).
- Good English fluency including verbal, comprehension and
- Must be willing to travel to manufacturing and customer sites – typically < 4 – 6 days
- / quarter.
要申请此工作 请将您的详细情况发送到以下邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org